Monday, January 23, 2012

New flock, New dog, new tractor!!!




G'day All,

The past few weeks have been extremely exciting! We have a new dog, Sol, a gorgeous two year old male maremma, 450 new pullets and four tiny eggs already, and a new Massey Ferguson tractor. All have settled in well and the tractor hooks nicely onto the slasher and forks, so I've been doing lots of slashing and can now fill the new feeders.

My current Wwoofer is a lovely lady from Japan named Risa. She is a vet nurse and has taught me a few medical procedures and has injected a great energy around the farm.

Sales are going very well with the CERES Cafe being my newest wholesale customer. CERES is an amazing organic farm in East Brunswick.

Cheers,
Dan

4 comments:

  1. Great to see Dan. Sol looks good and so does the new shed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Dan,

    My name is Serene and I love your eggs! Excuse the punn!

    I would be grateful if you give me a call. I am setting up an internet home delivery business and I would love it if I can supply your produce.

    Do you wholesale?

    I live in Burwood. Do you deliver in that region of the world?

    My mobile is 0425 754 299

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. G'day Serene,

      Thanks for your emails and generous support!

      I certainly do wholesale but at the moment I am fully sold out each week. My next flock arrive in two weeks so I will have some wholesale capacity from late April or early May, so please email me around then, realfreerangeeggs@gmail.com

      Cheers,
      Dan

      Delete
  3. The tractor looks amazing! Seeing how all the tires are huge, I bet it’s used mostly for power hauling and lifting. Well, big tires are for power, while small tires are for speed. If you want, you can still add power to the tires. Just fill the tires with water to improve weight and traction.

    ReplyDelete