Monday, April 2, 2012





G'day All,

Another new flock has arrived and they have laid their first egg within a week! I am really happy with the new facilities and you can see by the pictures the hens are too. I've already trained them to roost at night in their new roosting sheds, except for one "loner" who always wants to roost in the nesting shed, there's always one! lol

Last week was crazy: we had the vet out to tend to a sick piglet; I switched to a new grain company and they delivered their first load of grain which is flowing much better through the feeders; "Don't Forget the Milk" magazine featuring a story on Wwoofing and my farm was published and I was also featured in a TV commercial promoting moving to the country that will be aired in May on Channel 7. All this on top of a crazy dash to get the new sheds ready for the new flock.

Checkout the pics of the new roosting and nesting sheds and Negro resting on the job.

The past couple of months I have attended the very well run Hurstbridge Farmers' Market which has been great.

Happy and healthy eating over Easter!

Cheers,
Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment